Awarding $35K in non-dilutive, cash awards.
Submission window is over
Our Inaugural Latinas in Tech Startup Competition is aimed at discovering, supporting and amplifying tech startups with at least one Latina co-founder. We want to source Latina talent from all over the world and award non-dilutive cash prizes ($20K, $10K, and $5K) to our top three winners. Our ultimate goal is to catalyze the growth of recently founded startups that are determined to become billion dollar companies.
If you have the aspiration to have your company be a high growth startup and end up a billion dollar company, we strongly encourage you to submit a pitch application by May 5th, 2021 at 11:59 pm PST.
Startup Entry Pitches
Please review our company criteria in detail prior to submission. If you have any questions do refer to our FAQ, or contact us at email@example.com with the subject line: Question about Startup Competition.
- At least one Latina Co-founder whose ownership percentage is reflected on the capitalization table. Please note that we do not consider founding team members unless they are Co-founders.
- Only a Founder or Co-founder can enter and submit a pitch application.
- The company is legally incorporated in the US or elsewhere. We will be awarding the corporate entity the financial non-dilutive cash grant.
- Companies can be headquartered outside of the United States.
- The company should not have raised more than $750K USD in funding prior to the competition.
- The company must have a strong tech or tech-enabled component. A few examples include a mobile app, direct to consumer e-commerce company, B2B or B2C marketplaces, software, etc. Please at least consider applying if you find that the use of a computer or cell phone is needed to use or access the service or product.
- Decks must be submitted in English.
- All questions in the submission form must be answered in order to have your entry reviewed by our selection committee.
- The video submission must not be longer than 2 minutes.
- If you make it to our semi-finalist round, please be prepared for us to request key documents and ask additional questions to get more insight into your company prior to going before the jury committee.
- A jury will select the three winners.
Meet the Jury
CEO and Co-Founder at Suma Wealth
CEO at Wonderschool
Co-Founder, VP of Product at CareMessage
Co-founder and General Partner at ScienceVest
Director, LATAM at Silicon Valley Bank
CEO of Camino Finan
May 5th, 2021 at 11:59 pm PST.
Yes, you can apply but please know that all pitches should be submitted in English as that is the common language we all share. If you are selected as one of our three winners, then we will wire the funds, but please be aware that you will be responsible for any local taxes or wiring fees that correspond to the cash award.
We love that you are serving this market. However, our Startup Competition is aimed at Latina founders or co-founders. Only Latinx founders are eligible to submit an entry.
There are so many types of incredible companies which our community builds. However, part of our mission at Latinas in Tech is to support future technology leaders and we feel we can best accomplish this by identifying Latina entrepreneurial talent that will build the future Googles of the world to then hire more Latinas and create even more opportunities for one another. We also expect these fast growth companies to eventually seek out venture capital (VC) funding to continue to grow. VC funding is a type of financing reserved for tech companies that have the potential to grow exponentially and/or attack problems and market opportunities that are in the billions. This competition is aimed at helping support founding teams that aspire to build at least a billion dollar company. If you envision yourself being on that path or know of others who are on that path, please encourage them to apply.
We recognize our community speaks several languages. However, in order to be fair and select a winner, we felt it was necessary to have our judges’ common language.
We wish it was. Bu this year we are only accepting for-profit companies.
Terms and Conditions
- The promoter of the competition is Latinas in Tech (LiT).
- Members of the Board of Directors of LiT are not permitted to enter the competition.
- Contestants need not be a member of LiT.
- Contestants must have at least one Latina founder.
- An entrant must have a primary product or service that is technology-related (an app, computer or phone is needed to use the service or product).
- This competition is open only for high-growth startups. See FAQ for more information.
- Contestants can be located both inside and outside the USA.
- No person will be permitted to participate if the competition violates the laws of the home country of the contestant.
- The deadline to submit an application for the competition is May 5th, 2021 at 11:59 pm (Pacific Daylight Time). No entries to the competition will be accepted after the deadline.
- Contestants must submit with the application a pitch deck and a video description of their product or service.
- The deck and video must be in English. The video may not be longer than 2 minutes.
- There is no entry fee or purchase necessary to enter into the competition.
- LiT will not be responsible for any application that is not received by the deadline for whatever reason.
- If two or more contestants propose the same idea, the first entry received by LiT will be honored.
- A jury selected by LiT will select three winners.
- The cash prizes for the winners will be $20K, $10K, and $5K.
- The judging will take place online between May 4th, 2021 through May 11th, 2021.
- The winners will be announced on May 20th, 2021 during the Latinas in Tech Summit 2021.
- Winners do not have to be present at the Summit to win.
- LiT reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without any prior notice to Contestants. LiT will notify Contestants of any cancellation of the competition or amendment to the terms and conditions as soon as possible.
- Winners must claim their prizes within 7 days of notification. If a winner does not claim a prize within this period, LiT reserves the right to withdraw the prize and award the prize to another entrant.
- Winner will be responsible for all taxes and wire fees payable with respect to the prizes.
- The jury’s decision on all matters relating to the competition is final and binding. All disputes will be resolved by the Board of Directors of Latinas in Tech.
- The winners agree to the usage of their names and images in any promotional material of LiT.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.